Gardens & Wine
Experience the colors of autumn in South Tyrol.
After a guided wine-focused tour of the autumnal Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle, a shuttle takes you to Katzenzungen Castle in Prissiano (Prissian), where the largest and likely the oldest grapevine in the world thrives: the ancient Versoaln Vine. The guided tour covers this extraordinary plant and unique the medieval Katzenzungen Castle. Following the tour, a tasting of wines made from South Tyrol's main grape varieties completes this package in a relaxing and sociable way.
Gardens & Wine Enjoyment Package Itinerary
- 9:00 a.m. Entry to the Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle (botanical gardens and Touriseum)
- 2:00 p.m. Tour focusing on wine (vineyard with old-established South Tyrolean varieties)
- 3:30 p.m. Shuttle service to Katzenzungen Castle
- 4:00 p.m. Guided viewing of the Versoaln Vine
- 4:30 p.m. Guided tour of Katzenzungen Castle
- 5:00 p.m. Presentation of South Tyrol as a winegrowing region, with tasting
- 6:00 p.m. Shuttle service back to the Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle
Price: € 35.00 per person
August 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
September 1st 8th 15th 22nd, 29th
Oktober 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th